Giudecca

In the immediate vicinity of the skyscraper, on the eastern seaside, there is the area called “Giudecca”, denomination deriving from the conspicuous Jewish settlement occurred there since 1500.

It should be considered that the ships were docked nearby and while the goods coming in from the hinterland were embarked on that seaside; the area therefore promoted all economic exchanges deriving from it.

Currently, Giudecca represents, with its fashionable shops and clubs, the place of the most discreet and refined nightlife of that town-side, limited on the right by the Church of Canneto and by the view of the old town, with also a very impressive wide view on the Gulf of Gallipoli.